The North Carolina Consumers Council - Proudly Helping Consumers Since 1968
Member Discount Program
- Members get discounts, deals and promotions from participating businesses nationwide! Save money on theme parks, hotels, rentals, cleaning services and so much more.
- Your eligibility for discounts begins the moment your membership is active, so don't hesitate to take advantage of the special offers and to show your support of the many North Carolina small businesses taking part in the program. Honest consumers have nothing to fear from honest businesses! Businesses are also consumers, after all!
- We are always adding new businesses and new offers. Check back often to see new offers near you!
- Are you interested in extending your own special offers to NCCC members? We'd love to hear from you and get you started!
Credit Union Membership
- Credit unions are great alternatives to big fee banks and usually have significantly better rates and outstanding customer service! Credit unions treat you like family, not like a number, and truly want to see your succeed with your financial endeavors.
- Current members are eligible to join any partner credit union! Not a member? Join NCCC in-branch for instant eligibility to apply for credit union financial services!
Coastal Federal Credit Union Lorillard Federal Credit Union Members Credit Union Carolina Federal Credit Union Premier Federal Credit Union Freedom Credit Union Carolina Postal Credit Union
- The Auto Recall Alert Service notifies you of new recalls and defect investigations for up to three vehicles. You won't have to wait to see if your vehicle's recall makes it to the news!
- A free Credit Report Analysis (CSA) through Carolina Postal Credit Union helps you understand your credit score and what you can do to improve it.
- We offer free registration for both the North Carolina & National Do Not Call Registries.
- You can fight all types of junk mail! We offer free registration for third-party Mail and Email Preference Services and Direct Mail Opt Out.
- The Member Discount Program helps businesses connect with NCCC members by offering special discounts and promotions. Your membership works for you by saving you money the moment you join or renew!
- Auto repair issues? Telemarketers? Poor customer service? Didn't get what you expected? Let us submit your consumer complaints on your behalf with the Gripe Vine, a member-only complaint filing service. File complaints quickly and without the guesswork!
Lawyer Referral Program
- The Lawyer Referral Program is designed to help connect you to nearby legal help without having to resort to background checks on your attorneys! The best part is that it is available to everyone, even non-members!
- Participating lawyers have voluntarily agreed to be part of this program and affirm their commitment to you. We are always accepting new layers for the program, so check back often!
- Participating lawyers agree to limit their initial consultation fees, with many even offering free phone and office consultations. There is no cost to consumers for referrals to participating attorneys.
- Lawyers are screened monthly to ensure that they have no public disciplinary actions on file with the North Carolina State Bar. Screening helps to ensure a directory with integrity that you can trust!
- Our convenient online lawyer map app helps you locate nearby participating lawyers and provides you with driving directions straight to their doors!
We Help Everyone
- The North Carolina Consumers Council is a non-profit organization promoting consumer awareness, consumer education and consumer protection both in North Carolina and beyond our borders.
- While we do give certain benefits only to paying members, we never turn anyone away needing our help. We offer general consumer tips and advice for anyone who contacts us. If we don't have the answer you need, we'll do our best to get you in touch with the right person or agency!
- We publish relevant consumer news, advice topics, scam alerts and recalls in the News & Info section and via the social media links in the 'Cool Clicks' below. Don't want to follow? Sign up for the free weekly News Roundup to have all the news of the week sent to your email every Friday!
Consumer Product Safety Commission | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration | Food & Drug Administration | Consumer Reports