North Carolina Law Directory
29 Tie River Rd
Green Mountain, NC 28740
Lawyer's Website | (828) 682-9800
Legal Practice Areas
- Auto, Trucking, & Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Workers' Compensation Law
- General Civil Matters
- Credit Card Defense
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Credentials & Associations
- Admitted to North Carolina Bar 1983
- Campbell Law School J.D. 1983
About the Attorney
J. Jefferson Newton is Board Certified in Civil Trial and Pretrial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Certified Mediator in State Workers' Compensation Actions, Certified Mediator in State Superior Court Civil Actions and Matters Before the Clerk, Certified Mediator in Federal District Court Civil Actions, and Certified Arbitrator in State District Court Civil Actions.
Mr. Newton has been named a Charter Barrister of the Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court, to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Who's Who in American Law, Outstanding Young Men of America, The Best Lawyers In America, North Carolina's Best Lawyers, and the Top 100 North Carolina Lawyers and Trial Lawyers.
Map & Directions
About the Law Directory
The North Carolina Law Directory is a free public service of the North Carolina Consumers Council to help you find a lawyer in North Carolina. All participants in this directory are screened and verified against the North Carolina State Bar to have no public disciplinary actions and to have an active North Carolina law license.
Finding the right lawyer to represent you is a very important decision! Whether you are drafting a will, fighting a wage garnishment, or simply trying to beat a traffic ticket, you should select the best possible lawyer.
The content on this legal directory and linked content is not offered as, is not intended to be, and does constitute legal advice.
No part of this website or an attorney's website, including contact forms, creates an attorney-client relationship.
An attorney might check for possible conflicts of interest and obtain a signed agreement before accepting new clients.
All attorneys on this directory are licensed to practice law in North Carolina. The ability of an attorney to engage in activities on behalf of clients outside North Carolina is subject to state laws, professional codes and court rules.
Before entering into any agreement with an attorney, evaluate the attorney's skills and qualifications and understand the fees involved. While no lawyer can guarantee success, you should ask about history of success. The outcome of a particular legal matter depends on a variety of different factors, including specific factual and legal circumstances.
- Treat the attorney and staff with courtesy and consideration
- Pay the attorney's fee in accordance with any agreements you have signed to the extent required by law. If you don't pay the fee, the attorney isn't obligated to represent you.
- Notify the attorney immediately if any contact information changes.
- Notify the attorney immediately of any developments that can affect the outcome of your case, including communications you receive.
- Be honest. If you aren't honest with the attorney, the attorney cannot do the best job.
- Keep your requests reasonable and be patient. Twelve phone calls per day isn't good. Most attorneys get information to you very quickly. If you don't understand a development, ask for clarification. But don't expect an hourly progress report.
Contact The Lawyer
Enter your information below and we will forward it to the attorney. Please do not submit personal information, such as account numbers. We make no guarantee as to how quickly lawyers will respond, though most typically reply within three business days. If you need faster assistance, contact the lawyer directly.