North Carolina Law Directory
137 Biltmore Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
Lawyer's Website | (828) 255-8085
Legal Practice Areas
- Bankruptcy Law
Credentials & Associations
- Admitted to North Carolina Bar 1973
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Board Certified Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist
About the Attorney
Robert M. (Bob) Pitts practices with Pitts Hay and Hugenschmidt, an Asheville law firm. The firm specializes in the representation of people who are having financial difficulties and also clients with divorce and related problems.
Bob Pitts has been certified as a Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist by the North Carolina State Bar since 1987. Almost all of his work is done in the bankruptcy court although he also represents clients who have been sued in state court or who are involved in a foreclosure proceeding. He has also served as a Chapter 7 trustee for the US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina for over 30 years.
Bob lives in Asheville with his wife, Becky, and dogs, Chloe and Stoli. Bob and Becky have three children, two of the boys and the three grandchildren live in Buncombe County. Their third son lives in Miami, Florida. Son Ben practices with Bob and also concentrates in bankruptcy work. Jackson, the youngest son, did insurance defense work in Miami for several years and has now started a personal injury practice in Asheville. Bob's hobbies include cooking, gardening and rock work.
Map & Directions
About the Law Directory
The North Carolina Law Directory is a free public service of the North Carolina Consumers Council to help you find a lawyer in North Carolina. All participants in this directory are screened and verified against the North Carolina State Bar to have no public disciplinary actions and to have an active North Carolina law license.
Finding the right lawyer to represent you is a very important decision! Whether you are drafting a will, fighting a wage garnishment, or simply trying to beat a traffic ticket, you should select the best possible lawyer.
The content on this legal directory and linked content is not offered as, is not intended to be, and does constitute legal advice. No part of this website, nor the websites of the attorneys, creates an attorney-client relationship. Your use of this website to contact an attorney does not create an attorney-client relationship.
An attorney may first investigate for possible conflicts of interest and obtain a signed agreement before accepting new clients.
All attorneys on the North Carolina Law Directory are licensed to practice law in North Carolina. The ability of an attorney to engage in activities on behalf of clients outside North Carolina is subject to state laws, professional codes and court rules.
Before entering into any agreement with an attorney, evaluate the attorney's skills and qualifications and understand all the fees involved. While no lawyer can guarantee success, you should ask about the past history of success. The outcome of a particular legal matter depends on a variety of different factors, including specific factual and legal circumstances.
- Treat the attorney and the attorney's staff with courtesy and consideration
- Pay the attorney's fee in accordance with any fee agreements you have signed to the extent required by law. If you do not pay the fee, the attorney is not obligated to represent you.
- Notify the attorney immediately if any contact information has changed so the attorney can reach you.
- Notify the attorney immediately of any developments that can affect the outcome of your case, including any communications you receive.
- Be completely honest. If you aren't completely honest with the attorney, the attorney cannot do the best job.
- Keep your requests reasonable and be patient. Twelve phone calls per day can keep the attorney from effectively representing you. Most attorneys are good about getting information to you very quickly. If you don't understand a development, ask for clarification. But don't expect an hourly progress report.
Contact The Lawyer
To request that this lawyer contact you, enter your information below and we will forward it to the attorney. Please do not add any personal information, such as account numbers.
We can make no guarantees as to how quickly the lawyer will respond to your request, though most generally respond within three business days. If you need immediate assistance, contact the lawyer directly.