North Carolina Law Directory
137 Biltmore Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
Lawyer's Website | (828) 255-8085
Legal Practice Areas
- Bankruptcy Law
Credentials & Associations
- Admitted to North Carolina Bar 1973
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Board Certified Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist
About the Attorney
Robert M. (Bob) Pitts practices with Pitts Hay and Hugenschmidt, an Asheville law firm. The firm specializes in the representation of people who are having financial difficulties and also clients with divorce and related problems.
Bob Pitts has been certified as a Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist by the North Carolina State Bar since 1987. Almost all of his work is done in the bankruptcy court although he also represents clients who have been sued in state court or who are involved in a foreclosure proceeding. He has also served as a Chapter 7 trustee for the US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina for over 30 years.
Bob lives in Asheville with his wife, Becky, and dogs, Chloe and Stoli. Bob and Becky have three children, two of the boys and the three grandchildren live in Buncombe County. Their third son lives in Miami, Florida. Son Ben practices with Bob and also concentrates in bankruptcy work. Jackson, the youngest son, did insurance defense work in Miami for several years and has now started a personal injury practice in Asheville. Bob's hobbies include cooking, gardening and rock work.
Map & Directions
About the Law Directory
The North Carolina Law Directory is a free public service of the North Carolina Consumers Council to help you find a lawyer in North Carolina. All participants in this directory are screened and verified against the North Carolina State Bar to have no public disciplinary actions and to have an active North Carolina law license.
Finding the right lawyer to represent you is a very important decision! Whether you are drafting a will, fighting a wage garnishment, or simply trying to beat a traffic ticket, you should select the best possible lawyer.
The content on this legal directory and linked content is not offered as, is not intended to be, and does constitute legal advice.
No part of this website or an attorney's website, including contact forms, creates an attorney-client relationship.
An attorney might check for possible conflicts of interest and obtain a signed agreement before accepting new clients.
All attorneys on this directory are licensed to practice law in North Carolina. The ability of an attorney to engage in activities on behalf of clients outside North Carolina is subject to state laws, professional codes and court rules.
Before entering into any agreement with an attorney, evaluate the attorney's skills and qualifications and understand the fees involved. While no lawyer can guarantee success, you should ask about history of success. The outcome of a particular legal matter depends on a variety of different factors, including specific factual and legal circumstances.
- Treat the attorney and staff with courtesy and consideration
- Pay the attorney's fee in accordance with any agreements you have signed to the extent required by law. If you don't pay the fee, the attorney isn't obligated to represent you.
- Notify the attorney immediately if any contact information changes.
- Notify the attorney immediately of any developments that can affect the outcome of your case, including communications you receive.
- Be honest. If you aren't honest with the attorney, the attorney cannot do the best job.
- Keep your requests reasonable and be patient. Twelve phone calls per day isn't good. Most attorneys get information to you very quickly. If you don't understand a development, ask for clarification. But don't expect an hourly progress report.
Contact The Lawyer
Enter your information below and we will forward it to the attorney. Please do not submit personal information, such as account numbers. We make no guarantee as to how quickly lawyers will respond, though most typically reply within three business days. If you need faster assistance, contact the lawyer directly.