North Carolina Law Directory
139 Peachtree St, Professional Bldg Ste 4
Murphy, NC 28906
Lawyer's Website | (828) 837-2178
Legal Practice Areas
- Wills / Trust / Estates / Probate
- Powers of Attorney
- Guardianship / Conservatorship
Credentials & Associations
- Admitted to North Carolina Bar 1968
- Member - North Carolina Bar Association
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. 1968
- University of North Carolina, B.A. 1964
About the Attorney
Arthur Hays has over 47 years of experience practicing Law.
Our hours are from 8AM to 12 noon and 1PM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. We are located at 139 Peachtree St, across from Townson-Rose Funeral Home.
Primary areas of practice: (1) Assisting executors and administrators in estate administration; (2) Preparing wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills; (3) Assisting in guardianships and trust administration; and (4) Bringing partitions to obtain court ordered divisions or sales of real property owned by co-tenants who cannot agree as to the division or sale of real property.
Map & Directions
About the Law Directory
The North Carolina Law Directory is a free public service of the North Carolina Consumers Council to help you find a lawyer in North Carolina.
Finding the right lawyer to represent you is a very important decision! Whether you are drafting a will, fighting a wage garnishment, or simply trying to beat a traffic ticket, you should select the best possible lawyer.
All participants in this directory are screened and verified against the North Carolina State Bar to have no public disciplinary actions and to have an active North Carolina law license.
The content on this legal directory and linked content is not offered as, is not intended to be, and does constitute legal advice. No part of this website, nor the websites of the attorneys, creates an attorney-client relationship. Your use of this website to contact an attorney does not create an attorney-client relationship.
An attorney may first investigate for possible conflicts of interest and obtain a signed agreement before accepting new clients.
All attorneys on the North Carolina Law Directory are licensed to practice law in North Carolina. The ability of an attorney to engage in activities on behalf of clients outside North Carolina is subject to state laws, professional codes and court rules.
Before entering into any agreement with an attorney, evaluate the attorney's skills and qualifications and understand all the fees involved. While no lawyer can guarantee success, you should ask about the past history of success. The outcome of a particular legal matter depends on a variety of different factors, including specific factual and legal circumstances.
- Treat the attorney and the attorney's staff with courtesy and consideration
- Pay the attorney's fee in accordance with any fee agreements you have signed to the extent required by law. If you do not pay the fee, the attorney is not obligated to represent you.
- Notify the attorney immediately if any contact information has changed so the attorney can reach you.
- Notify the attorney immediately of any developments that can affect the outcome of your case, including any communications you receive.
- Be completely honest. If you aren't completely honest with the attorney, the attorney cannot do the best job.
- Keep your requests reasonable and be patient. Twelve phone calls per day can keep the attorney from effectively representing you. Most attorneys are good about getting information to you very quickly. If you don't understand a development, ask for clarification. But don't expect an hourly progress report.
Contact The Lawyer
To request that this lawyer contact you, enter your information below and we will forward it to the attorney. Please do not add any personal information, such as account numbers.
We can make no guarantees as to how quickly the lawyer will respond to your request, though most generally respond within three business days. If you need immediate assistance, contact the lawyer directly.