IRS Offers Videos to Help Taxpayers Preparing to File Their Income Taxes
Several options are available to help taxpayers prepare for the 2016 tax filing season and get their refunds as quickly and easily as possible. This includes the Free File partners that offer access to their software for free at IRS.gov/FreeFile.
The IRS says that taxpayers will receive their refunds much faster by using e-file or Free File with the direct deposit option.
IRS video topics include:
- Free Do-It-Yourself Preparation: Helps taxpayers find free help from certified volunteers to electronically file tax returns. Taxpayers interested in helping their own communities can also watch a video to learn about becoming involved in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs.
- Do I Have to File a Tax Return?: Learn about the requirements for filing a tax return, including income limits and age, and why taxpayers may want to file even if they don't have to.
- How to Get 1040 Forms: Provides tips on the quickest way to get the various 1040 forms on IRS.gov.
- Tax Scams: Offers some tips on how to protect personal information and avoid becoming a tax scam victim.
- Record-keeping: Learn which financial and tax files to keep and how long to keep them.
- Changed Your Name After Marriage or Divorce?: Find out what you need to do if you have changed your name before you file your tax return.
- Choosing a Tax Preparer: Hear some useful tips for choosing a reputable tax preparer.
See these and other short and informative tax-related videos in English, Spanish and American Sign Language (ASL) by clicking on one of the following links:
Get additional tax filing tips and information at IRS.gov.