Follow these steps to reset your HP computer if you can't take out the battery
When your HP laptop freezes when it boots up, or refuses to start at all, you can use the power button to reset it when the battery is removable. But what if you can't take the battery out?
Don't worry, you can still reset the computer; you'll just have to follow different steps. See below to find out what to do.
- Turn the computer off.
- Take it out of any docking station or port replicator.
- Disconnect any external devices like USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop.
- For most devices, press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds to reset it.
- Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any external devices.
- Turn on the computer by pressing the power button.
- If a startup menu appears, use the arrow keys to choose "Start Windows Normally," then press the Enter key.
- After Windows opens, reconnect each external device that was disconnected one at a time.
- Run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.