Piaggio is recalling about 2,600 scooters due to a defective fuel pump.
The defect may cause the affected scooters to stall while being operated or may fail to restart after being shut off for 15 to 20 minutes.
The affected models include:
- Model year 2008-2010 Vespa GTS 250, GTV 250, GTS Super 250
- Model year 2011 Vespa LX 150, LXV 150, S 150
- Model year 2010-2011 Vespa GTS 300, GTV 300, GTS Super 300
- Model year 2009-2010 Piaggio MP3 250, BV 250 Tourer
- Model year 2010 BV 300 Tourer
Piaggio will notify affected owners, and dealers will replace the defective fuel pump, free of charge.
For more information, owners can contact Piaggio customer service at 1-212-380-4433.