American Honda Expands Recall of FourTrax ATVs Due to Crash Hazard
American Honda Motor Co. is expanding a recall of its FourTrax All-Terrain Vehicles to include another 19,500 units. Approximately 2,900 were recalled in February 2012.
A weld on the ATV's front right and left upper suspension arms can separate, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle, posing a crash hazard.
The recalled vehicles are two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive 2012 Honda FourTrax Rancher ATV TRX420 FA, FE, FM, FPA, FPE, FPM, TE and TM models. The ATVs are red, green or camouflage and have the word 'Honda' and the Honda wing logo on both sides of the fuel tank.
The word 'Rancher' is on the front cowl below the handlebars and on the left rear fender. Rancher models in the following Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ranges are being recalled:
- Model TRX420FA, VIN ranges 1HFTE370*C4300541 thru C4301380
- Model TRX420FA Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE374*C4300121 thru C4300240
- Model TRX420FE, VIN ranges 1HFTE354*C4501741 thru C4504380
- Model TRX420FE Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE357*C4500301 thru C4500720
- Model TRX420FM, VIN ranges 1HFTE350*C4502342 thru C4506061
- Model TRX420FM Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE359*C4500317 thru C4500840
- Model TRX420FPA, VIN ranges 1HFTE372*C4300482 thru C4302461
- Model TRX420FPA Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE375*C4300061 thru C4300420
- Model TRX420FPE, VIN ranges 1HFTE35K*C4501202 thru C4502881
- Model TRX420FPE Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE35M*C4500241 thru C4500360
- Model TRX420FPM, VIN ranges 1HFTE35F*C4501441 thru C4502760
- Model TRX420FPM Camo, VIN ranges 1HFTE35H*C4500301 thru C4500420
- Model TRX420TE, VIN ranges 1HFTE344* C4500841 thru C4504020
- Model TRX420TM, VIN range1HFTE340* C4500542 thru C4503001
*Denotes a random alphanumeric identifier: '0-9' or 'X'
The model number is visible on the right front frame down pipe above the driver's right-hand side front wheel. The VIN is located on the top center front of the frame and is visible looking down between the bars of the gear rack and through the middle opening of the front fairing.
The ATVs included in this recall were sold at Honda ATV dealers nationwide from September 2011 through November 2012.
Consumers should immediately stop using these ATVs and contact their Honda ATV dealer to schedule a free repair. American Honda is contacting its customers directly.
For additional information, call American Honda toll-free at 866-784-1870.
It's Time To Bury the 3,000 Mile Oil Change Myth And Save Money
Don't throw away your good money on unneeded oil changes! Most manufacturers today recommend longer oil changes, such as 6,000 miles, due to improved engine technology, better oils and a better understanding of how oils work. Are you changing your oil more often than is necessary?
Do You Need Full Coverage Automobile Insurance or Only Liability?
Readers have been looking for ways to cut back on costs and have been looking to make those cuts in auto insurance. The main issue then becomes whether to have full coverage or only liability coverage on the vehicle. Before you drop full coverage auto insurance, you'll want to do some thinking.
Should You Always Trust CARFAX Vehicle History Reports? The Short Answer is No.
If you've ever purchased or looked into purchasing a used vehicle, chances are good that you've either seen or at least heard of CARFAX, a service that provides historical information on used vehicles. But just how reliable is the information that CARFAX reports provide? They are only as good as the information that is reported.
Don't Buy 2005-2010 Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier & Xterra Vehicles
We are urging consumers to avoid purchasing model year 2005-2010 Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier and Xterra vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission due to a potential defect that could cost thousands of dollars to repair and put the vehicle occupants' safety at risk.