American Honda Recalls Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Injury Risk
A manufacturing defect can cause the front passenger seat belt buckle to fail
American Honda is recalling 2,200 Honda Pioneer 700 recreational off-highway vehicles due to an injury risk.
A manufacturing defect can cause the front passenger seat belt buckle to fail, posing an injury hazard.
The affected vehicles include the motorized 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 side-by-side recreational off-highway vehicle. They include a steering wheel, a gas pedal, a brake pedal, bucket or bench seats, seat belts, and an occupant protection structure.
The vehicles were sold in both two-seat and four-seat models in blue, red, silver, or camouflage. The word HONDA can be found on both the front grill and rear tailgate, while Pioneer 700 is printed on the vehicles' sides and the model and serial numbers are printed on a certification label at the top rear of the left front wheel well.
The following vehicles are included in this recall:
- Model SXS700M4H, Type AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE0201H4301181-- 1HFVE0207H4302237, with four seats
- Model SXS700M4DH, Type AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE02H5H4301268-- 1HFVE02H6H4301697, with four seats
- Model SXS700M4DH, Type 2AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE02R1H4300241-- 1HFVE02R3H4300600, with four seats
- Model SXS700M2H, Type AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE0220H4301142-- 1HFVE0223H4301801, with two seats
- Model SXS700M2DH, Type AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE02NXH4301031-- 1HFVE02NXH4301742, with two seats
- Model SXS700M2DH, Type 2AC, Serial Number Range 1HFVE02T6H4300361-- 1HFVE02T9H4300600, with two seats
The vehicles were sold at authorized Honda Powersports dealers across the country from December 2016 until April 2017 for between $10,500 and $13,500.
Although the company has not received any reports of injuries or incidents in connection with this recall, consumers are urged to stop using the recalled vehicles immediately. They should then contact their local authorized Honda Powersports dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair appointment. American Honda is directly contacting all consumers known to have purchased one of the affected vehicles.
For more information, consumers can reach American Honda at (866) 784-1870.