There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions or illness related to this incident
Cauldron Soups, which is doing business as Cauldron Broths, has recalled 5,163 pounds of beef broth products because they were produced without being inspected by the federal government.
The items in question were produced and packaged between the dates of December 21, 2016 and May 22, 2017. They display establishment number EST. 45953 inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)'s inspection mark in spite of the fact that they were not federally inspected. They were shipped to retail locations in Washington state as well as to a distributor selling products to consumers across the U.S. on the Internet.
The following products are included in this recall:
- 24-fluid ounce individual plastic pouches containing Vital Choice GRASS-FED BEEF BONE BROTH with best-by dates 1/15/2018, 1/18/2018, and 3/28/2018
- 24-fluid ounce individual plastic pouches containing CAULDRON BROTHS BEEF BONE BROTH with best-by dates 1/3/18 and 2/15/18
- 24-fluid ounce individual plastic pouches containing CAULDRON BROTHS ORGANIC CAULDRON'S CURE with best-by dates 12/21/18
- One-gallon individual plastic containers containing CAULDRON BROTHS GLACE DE VIANDE with best-by date 1/30/18
- Eight-fluid ounce individual plastic containers containing CAULDRON BROTHS GLACE DE VIANDE with best-by date 3/4/18
The company has not received any reports to date of adverse reactions or illnesses in connection with consuming these products. Nevertheless, consumers who have bought them are urged to either throw them away or take them back to the place of purchase rather than eat them.
Consumers concerned about potential reactions or illnesses are encouraged to contact a healthcare provider.
For more information, consumers can reach Gabriel Claycamp, CEO of Cauldron Soups, at (360) 671-1098.