BMW Expands 2013 Recall for Defective Brake Vacuum Pump, Adds 9,000 Cars
BMW is expanding a 2013 recall for defective vacuum brake pumps, adding an additional 9,000 cars.
In the affected cars, insufficient lubrication could cause a failure of the vacuum pump that supplies power brake assistance. This could result in a reduction in braking power.
The affected vehicles include certain model year:
- 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon
- 2012-2014 BMW 320i Sedan, 328i Sedan, 320i xDrive Sedan, 328i xDrive Sedan
- 2012-2013 BMW 528i Sedan, 528i xDrive Sedan
- 2013-2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i Sports Activity Vehicle
- 2013-2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i Sports Activity Vehicle
- 2012-2014 BMW Z4 sDrive28i Roadster
- 2014 BMW 428i Coupe, and 428i xDrive Coupe
BMW will notify owners affected by the recall. Dealers will install a locking ring in the camshaft to retain the camshaft seal disk in the proper location, free of charge.
For more information, owners can contact BMW customer service at (800) 525-7417.