Currey & Company is recalling approximately 2,200 chandeliers. Defective wiring can conduct electricity to the chandeliers' metal parts, posing an electric shock hazard to consumers.
This recall involves 10 models of Currey & Company crystal or metal chandeliers. They were sold in various colors and measure approximately 21 inches wide and 55 inches high. The model name is on the exterior of the shipping carton. Item numbers are printed on a white label on the interior of the chandeliers' canopy. Recalled chandeliers include the following:
- Model Guilia in smoke, item number begins 9150 and 9151
- Model Guistina in yellow and blue, item number begins 9152 and 9154
- Model Valentina in clear, black and white, item number begins 9061, 9062 and 9063
- Model Passionata in white, item number begins 9064
- Model Ovation in black, item number begins 9065
The recalled chandeliers were sold at home furnishing stores, lighting centers and by interior decorators nationwide, as well as online from January 2010 through February 2013.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chandeliers, turn off the chandelier's power supply and contact Currey & Company for instructions on how to obtain a free replacement chandelier, including shipping, or free repair of the chandelier by a licensed electrician.
For more information on this recall, contact Currey & Company toll-free at 866-577-6430.