Meijer Greek and Low-Fat Yogurt Recalled Due to Risk of Contamination with Glass
The affected yogurt was sold at Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Wisconsin
Meijer branded Greek and Low-fat yogurt is being recalled because it may contain small glass particles.
Meijer says that it became aware of the issue when a customer returned a yogurt cup containing two small pieces of glass. Upon investigation at the retailer's manufacturing facility, it was determined that additional product could be contaminated.
Recalled Yogurt Details
The affected Meijer Greek and Low-fat yogurt was sold at Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. All recalled yogurt (listed below) has an expiration date of 3/8/2018 and one the following UPC codes:
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Black Cherry 5.3 oz. with a UPC code of 7-08820-12657-2
- Meijer Yogurt Low-fat Blueberry 6 oz. with a UPC code of 7-08820-41513-3
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Plain 5.3 oz. with a UPC code of 7-60236-11601-1
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Vanilla 5.3 oz. with a UPC code of 7-60236-11603-5
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Strawberry 5.3 oz. with a UPC code of 7-60236-12418-4
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Blueberry 5.3 oz. with a UPC code of 7-60236-12431-3
There have been no illnesses, injuries, or additional product concerns concerning the recalled yogurt, to date.
What should consumers do?
Consumers who have purchased any of the impacted yogurt should throw it away or return it to the nearest Meijer store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions or concerns about this recall should contact Meijer at (800) 543-3704.