Mercedes Recalls 147,200 Vehicles for Defect that Increases Fire Risk
Mercedes-Benz is recalling about 147,200 cars due to a defective rubber seal.
In the affected model year 2013 – 2015 vehicles, the rubber seal at the back of the engine bay may temporarily stick to the hood when it is opened. When the hood is closed, it can fall into the engine compartment and contact parts of the exhaust system, increasing the risk of a fire.
The affected models include:
- 2013 – 2015 E350 Sedan, E350 4Matic Sedan, E350 4Matic Station Wagon, E400 Hybrid Sedan, CLS 550 CGI, and CLS550 4Matic
- 2013 - 2014 E550 4Matic Sedan
- 2013 E63 Sedan, E63 Station Wagon and CLS63
- 2014 - 2015 CLS63 4Matic, E63 4Matic Sedan, E63 4Matic Sedan "S", and E63 4Matic Station Wagon
- 2015 CLS400 2015 E400 Sedan, E400 4Matic Sedan and CLS400 4Matic and 2014 CLS63 "S"
Mercedes-Benz will notify owners affected by the recall, and dealers will attach four additional retaining clips to the rubber seal, free of charge.
For more information owners can contact Mercedes-Benz customer service at (201) 573-5339.