Mohu Recalls BeBox Boomboxes That Can Overheat, Posing Burn and Fire Hazards

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled boombox

Mohu Recalls BeBox Boomboxes That Can Overheat, Posing Burn and Fire Hazards
Image: NCCC
June 3, 2016

Mohu has announced a recall affecting roughly 1,700 boomboxes that can overheat, posing a risk of fire.

The recall affects all models and serial numbers of the Mohu BeBox smart boombox with built-in Android touchscreen tablet. The unit is a black, portable speaker that measures approximately 13 inches in height, 19 inches in width, five inches in depth, and weighs about 14.5 pounds. The front surface is covered in a black, metallic grill and the back of the unit is black plastic. It features a small Mohu logo on the middle, lower front and an embossed Mohu logo on the middle, center back.

The firm is aware of one reported incident of a unit catching fire. No injuries related to this issue have been reported to date.

The recalled Mohu BeBox boomboxes were sold at Huppins audio store in Spokane, Washington, as well as online from December 2015 through April 2016 for between $300 and $500.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled boombox, unplug it, keep it powered off and contact Mohu for a box and pre-paid return shipping label to return the unit in exchange for a full refund.

Those with questions about this recall can contact Mohu at (855) 446-6648. Further information can also be found online at gomohu.com.