Parking Brake Problem Triggers Recall of Trailers from Numerous Manufacturers
The spring brake valves equipped on the 9,285 affected trailers may delay in applying, causing the trailer to roll away
Several manufacturers are recalling trailers equipped with Bendix SR5 spring brake valves that may have been improperly machined, which could cause a delay in the application of the spring brakes while parking.
If such a delay occurs, the trailer may roll away after it has decoupled from the tractor, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
The following trailers are included in this recall:
- 8,967 Hyundai Translead (HT) model year 2004-2016 Dry Van, Reefer Van, Chassis, and Container trailers
- 203 Heil Company model year 2014-2016 Petroleum, Crude, Dry Bulk, and Flatbed trailers
- 109 Polar Tank Trailer model year 2014-2016 DOT 406, DOT 407, DOT 412, MC 331, and Non-Code trailers
- Four MANAC Inc. model year 2016 Flatbed and 2017-2018 Van trailers
- Two MANAC Trailers USA model year 2016 Flatbed trailers, model 10850B069
The remedy for this recall is still under development and the manufacturers have not yet provided a notification schedule.
The recall began on August 4, 2016.
For more information, customers can reach HT Customer Service at (819) 574-1500, Heil Customer Service at (800) 400-6913, Polar Tank Customer Service at (320) 746-2255, MANAC Inc. Customer Service at (418) 228-2018, and MANAC Trailers USA Customer Service at (573) 262-2166.