Problem with Eyesight Driver Assist System Prompts Recall of 72,000 Subaru Vehicles
A Subaru recall affects vehicles so new, they're barely off the assembly line.
About 72,000 model year 2015 cars and crossover SUVS have been recalled due to a problem with the Eyesight Driver Assist System.
If the switch that activates the brake lights fails, the automatic pre-collision braking component of the driver assist system will not function, increasing the risk of a crash.
The recall affects the following models:
- 2015 Legacy manufactured March 10, 2014, to April 16, 2015
- 2015 Outback manufactured Feb. 24, 2014, to April 16, 2015
- 2015 Impreza manufactured Sept. 9, 2014, to April 14, 2015
- 2015 XV Crosstrek manufactured Oct. 16, 2014, to April 15, 2015
- 2016 WRX manufactured March 23, 2015
Subaru will notify owners affected by the recall, but has not yet provided a notification schedule. Dealers will reprogram the driver assist system, free of charge.
For more information, owners can contact Subaru customer service at (800) 782-2783.