WRSI Recalls Kayaking and Rafting Helmets Due to Head Injury Hazard
WRSI is recalling more than 2,000 whitewater kayaking and rafting helmets. The chinstrap buckle can fail, posing a head injury hazard to users.
This recall involves WRSI Moment and Trident models whitewater kayaking and rafting helmets. They have a black chinstrap with a black plastic buckle and were sold in sizes S/M and M/L. 'WRSI' is printed under or on top of the helmet's visor. WRSI's 'Wave Logo' is visible on the back of the Moment helmet. 'WRSI' is printed vertically on the back of the Trident helmet.
The part number is printed on the hang tag of both models. Helmets in the following colors or color combinations and sizes, and with the part numbers listed below, are being recalled:
Moment Model (with and without vents)
- Glossy red - S/M Part Number 852145003633 and 852145003657
- Glossy red - M/L Part Number 852145003602 and 852145003619
- Matte black - S/M Part Number 852145003626 and 852145003640
- Matte black - M/L Part Number 852145003589 and 852145003596
- Black Rasta - M/L Part Number 852145003411
- Black with pinstripe - S/M Part Number 852145003466
- Black with pinstripe - M/L Part Number 852145003367
- Blue/Carbon - S/M Part Number 852145003459
- Blue/Carbon - M/L Part Number 852145003398
- Green/Army green - S/M Part Number 852145003480
- Green/Army green - M/L Part Number 852145003381
- Green/Carbon - S/M Part Number 852145003442
- Green/Carbon - M/L Part Number 852145003404
- Red/Burnt red - S/M Part Number 852145003473
- Red/Burnt red - M/L Part Number 852145003374
The recalled kayaking and rafting helmets were sold at Northwest River Supplies and sporting goods stores nationwide and online from March 2012 through November 2012.
Consumers should stop using the helmets immediately and contact WRSI for a free replacement or full refund.
For more information on this recall, contact WRSI toll-free at 888-441-1041.