Refillable Propane Cylinders Recalled Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards
The cylinders may leak propane gas
YSN Imports has recalled 24,000 refillable propane cylinders—in addition to 1,100 sold in Canada—as a result of fire and explosion hazards.
The affected cylinders may leak propane gas.
The cylinders subject to recall include Flame King, Little Kamper, and U-Haul refillable propane cylinders that are used with outdoor appliances. The serial numbers are displayed on the cylinders' foot ring, and the brand logo and size can be found on the front of the cylinder. The following products are affected by the recall:
- Flame King, 14.1 ounces, blue, serial numbers 000001 through 004700
- Flame King, 16.4 ounces, green, serial numbers 000001 through 020800
- Little Kamper, 16 ounces, green, serial numbers 000001 through 020800
- U-Haul, one pound, blue, serial numbers 000001 through 004700
- U-Haul, one pound, green, serial numbers 000001 through 020800
They were sold at Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Kamps, Propane Depot, U-Haul, and other retailers across the U.S., as well as online at Amazon.com and other websites, from November 2013 until September 2016. They cost between $10 and $15.
To date, the company has gotten two reports of the connecting valve beginning to unscrew from the cylinder, though there have been no injuries reported. Consumers are urged to stop using the affected items immediately and contact the company for either a full refund or a replacement cylinder.
For more information, consumers can reach YSN Imports at (855) 215-4970.