Risk of Burn, Electric Shock Leads to Recall of Pre-Lit Christmas Trees
Balsam Hill is recalling approximately 700 pre-lit artificial Christmas trees. The remote control receiver box attached to the Christmas tree can overheat and melt, posing burn and shock hazards to consumers.
The artificial Christmas trees are pre-lit with both multi-color and clear lights that are operated by a remote control. Some larger trees have two remote control receiver boxes attached to the tree.
The recalled Christmas trees are green and stand between 7 ½ and 15 feet tall. Trees with the following model numbers are included in this recall. The model number is located on the tree's packaging. Date code H1203 is printed on a white label on the back of the remote control box attached to the tree. The recall affects both clear and colored lighting.
- 6528502 103913 0112 - 12' Vermont White Spruce
- 6528502 130645 0112 - 15' California Baby Redwood
- 6528502 134152 0112 - 9' Colorado Mountain Spruce
- 6528502 134394 0112 - 12' Colorado Mountain Spruce
- 6528502 216632 0112 - 7.5' Aspen Estate Fir
- 6528502 248622 0112 - 9' BH Fraser Fir
- 6528502 296214 0112 - 12' California Baby Redwood
- 6528502 307403 0112 - 12' BH Fraser Fir
- 6528502 363842 0112 - 9' Vermont White Spruce Narrow
- 6528502 364143 0112 - 10' Vermont White Spruce
- 6528502 364453 0112 - 11' Vermont White Spruce
- 6528502 364762 0112 - 10' BH Fraser Fir
The pre-lit trees included in this recall were sold online from July 2012 through December 2012 for between $1,250 and $3,550.
Consumers should immediately stop using the Christmas tree's remote control units and contact Balsam Hill for free replacement remote control devices. Balsam Hill is contacting its customers directly.
For additional information on this recall, contact Balsam Hill toll-free at 877-694-2752.