Tyson Recalling Breaded Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
The ready-to-eat products may contain milk undeclared on the product label
Tyson Foods has recalled 2,485,374 pounds of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products because of misbranding and undeclared milk.
The products were produced and packaged on various dates from August 17, 2016 through January 14, 2017. The affected items include:
- 31.86-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, WHOLE GRAIN STRIP-SHAPED CHICKEN PATTIE FRITTERS-CN with case code 003859-0928 and production dates of 09/09/2016, 10/05/2016, 10/14/2016, 10/15/2016, 11/09/2016, 12/10/2016, 12/30/2016, and 01/14/2017
- 31.05-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, WHOLE GRAIN CHICKEN PATTIE FRITTERS-CN with case code 003857-0928 and production dates of 11/12/2016
- 30.6-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, WHOLE GRAIN BREADED CHICKEN PATTIES-CN with case code 016477-0928 and production dates of 09/10/2016, 09/16/2016, 09/23/2016, 09/30/2016, and 10/06/2016
- 30.6-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, WHOLE GRAIN CHUNK-SHAPED BREADED CHICKEN PATTIES-CN with case code 016478-0928 and production dates of 09/16/2016, 09/28/2016, and 10/06/2016
- 20.0-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, BREADED CHICKEN PATTIES-CN with case code 005778-0928 and production dates of 09/14/2016, 09/19/2016, and 10/03/2016
- 32.81-pound bulk cases of Tyson FULLY COOKED, WHOLE GRAIN GOLDEN CRISPY CHICKEN CHUNK FRITTERS-CN CHUNK-SHAPED CHICKEN PATTIE FRITTERS with case code 070364-0928, packaging and production date of 08/17/2016
- 20-pound bulk cases of SPARE TIME, Fully Cooked Breaded Chicken Patties with case code 005778-0861 and production date of 10/03/2016
- 20-pound bulk cases of SPARE TIME, Fully Cooked Chicken Pattie Fritters with case code 016477-0861 and production date of 09/16/2016 and 10/06/2016
These items display establishment number P-1325 inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture's inspection mark. They were shipped nationwide for institutional use, and company records indicate that schools have bought them through Tyson's commercial channels.
To date, the company has not received any confirmed reports of adverse reactions related to the consumption of the products. Anyone worried about such reactions should contact a healthcare provider.
For more information, consumers can contact Tyson Foods Consumer Relations Supervisor Christina Self at (866) 328-3156.