Undeclared Milk Leads to Beef Ravioli Recall from Joseph Seviroli
about 115,000 pounds of the product are included in the recall
Joseph Seviroli has announced that it is recalling approximately 115,000 pounds of beef ravioli products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products contain milk, a known allergen that is not declared on the products labels.
The beef ravioli items were produced on Jan. 9, 2017 to May 10, 2017. The following products are subject to recall:
- 25-oz. bag of LOWES foods beef ravioli square shaped with lot code 7040 and a sell by date of 2/9/2018.
- 30-oz. bag of Big Y SQUARE Beef Ravioli with lot code 7009 and 7130, and sell by dates of 1/9/18 and 5/10/2018.
- 13-oz. bag of Seviroli Beef Ravioli with lot codes 7041, 7042, 7107, 7109, 7118, 7130, and 7079, and sell by dates of 2/10/18, 2/11/18, 4/17/18, 4/19/18, 4/28/17, 5/10/18, and 3/20/18.
- 24-oz. bag of BEST YET beef ravioli, with lot code 7065 and a sell by date of 3/6/18.
- 20-lb bulk bag of SEV MINI HEX BEEF RAVIOLI PAR-COOKED with lot codes 7034, 7065 and 7100 and package codes of 7034, 7065, and 7100.
- 20-oz bag of V's PRE-COOKED SQUARE BEEF RAVIOLI with lot codes 7034, 7040, 7065 and 7100 and sell by dates of 2/3/18, 2/9/18, 3/6/18, and 4/10/18.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number EST. 5342 inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) mark of inspection.
The manufacturer sent the affected items to distribution locations in Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, and Rhode Island.
The problem was discovered on June 6, 2017, when the company received notification from an ingredient supplier that the cracker meal the company received and used in the recalled products potentially contained undeclared milk.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Customers with questions about the recall can contact Lauren Eickhoff, Joseph Seviroli Customer Service Representative, at (516) 222-6220 ext. 159.