North Carolina Law Directory
This is a free public service of the North Carolina Consumers Council to help you find a lawyer in North Carolina. Finding the right lawyer to represent you is a very important decision!
You want to find the best lawyer possible, so all participants in this directory are screened and verified against the North Carolina State Bar to have no public disciplinary actions on record and to have an active North Carolina law license.
Key Points About The Directory
- There is no charge to contact an attorney on the directory.
- Attorneys are not working for free.
- Attorneys will present you with all fees before your consultation.
- Some attorneys offer free or discounted consultations.
- Use of the directory does not create a relationship with the attorney.
- Evaluate an attorney's experience and ask questions before entering into an agreement.
- We can't recommend a particular attorney.
Important Considerations When Choosing An Attorney
- Ask questions!
- Make sure the attorney seems experienced in his/her particular area of law.
- Evaluate how long the attorney has been practicing.
- Ask if he/she carries malpractice insurance.
- Does the attorney seem personable? Will you get along?